Health & Wellness at Gallery 7 Theatre
We’re very excited to be returning to live, in-person theatre starting this November and we’re very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our venues so we can enjoy an entire year of plays sure to entertain, inspire and provoke thought.
In the lead-up to the start of this exciting, 31st year of theatre here at G7, we we’d like to take a moment to share with you how we’re prioritizing health and safety to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone. When you attend a production at Gallery 7 Theatre this coming year, you can expect the following*:
- Vaccination Verification: By order of the BC Public Health Office (PHO), all attendees to a theatrical production will need to show proof of full vaccination via the BC Vaccination Card, plus one piece of government-issued photo ID, prior to entry. We’re working to make the verification process as simple, efficient and unobtrusive as possible for our patrons. For more information or to sign up for the BC Vaccination card, please visit https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html.
- Mask Requirement: By order of the PHO, masks will be mandatory for everyone attending productions at Gallery 7 Theatre. Our ushers and concession staff will also be masked to ensure the health and safety of our guests and volunteers. Please note that our performers will not be masked while performing on-stage.
- Occupancy Limits: By order of the PHO, seating capacity has been restricted to 50% of total venue capacity. Seating will not be physically distanced.
- Seating Requirements: By order of the PHO, patrons are asked to remain in their seats except to use the washroom. Please purchase concessions prior to the start of the performance (if available) and enjoy them at your seats.
In addition to the above government-mandated protocols, we will also have the following practices in place:
- Sickness: If you are sick, or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend the production. First, contact your medical health professional and then contact our box office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-504-5940 as soon as you’re able to exchange your ticket for an alternate performance, or to exchange the value of your ticket to a credit, a donation or a refund.
- Personal Hygiene: Sanitization stations will be made available through-out our venue lobbies.
- Physical Distancing: While not a requirement, for the comfort of your fellow patrons, please try to maintain physical distancing where possible, and especially when using the washrooms.
- Assigned Seating: You will be able to pick your seats when you purchase your tickets either online (www.gallery7theatre.com) or by phone (604-504-5940). Please do not change your seats once you arrive at the theatre.
- Tickets: You can either print your tickets at home or download your tickets to your smart phone. Simply present your tickets along with your vaccination card and government-issued photo ID to our usher team for verification when you arrive.
- Digital Programs: This season, our programs will be provided digitally. Using your smart phone or digital device, simply scan the Program QR code to be posted around our venue lobbies to access your copy of the program.
- Online Access: We have worked to ensure as many of our productions in the upcoming season are available via live stream. If you are unable to attend our shows in-person, we encourage you to attend virtually. This season, you’ll be able to watch the live-stream of a performance at the same time as our in-person audience. Please check our website to see which shows will be available for live streaming.
- Entrances/Exits: Seating will open one hour prior to showtime to avoid crowding in our lobbies. If you are coming with friends, family members or a group, we encourage you to select a representative and arrive together according to the following schedule:
- Representative’s birthday between January and March: 6:30 PM – 6:45 PM (Evenings) or 1:00 PM – 1:15 PM (Matinees)
- Representative’s birthday between April and June: 6:45 PM – 7:00 PM (Evenings) or 1:15 PM – 1:30 PM (Matinees)
- Representative’s birthday between July and September: 7:00 – 7:15 PM (Evenings) or 1:30 PM – 1:45 PM (Matiness)
- Representative’s birthday between October and December: 7:15 PM – 7:30 PM (Evenings) or 1:45 PM – 2:00 PM (Matinees)
- Seating sections will have designated exits and washrooms.
- Post Show: We recognize many of you wish to meet cast/crew members and share gifts with them. For the time being, we ask that audiences vacate the venue as soon as possible after the show and enjoy any interactions with cast & crew outdoors. Please refrain from bringing gifts in to the venue as Front of House staff will not be able to bring these items backstage.
While the above procedures are quite different than what we are used to and may take some time to get used to, please follow instructions from our volunteer Front of House staff at all times while visiting one of our venues. We are all navigating new territory as we re-open post-pandemic. We ask that you be as patient as possible with our teams as we work to create a positive and memorable theatre experience.
*Please note that the above protocols may change or be modified at any time in accordance with BC Government, PHO, WorkSafe BC and ActSafe BC regulations & guidance. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this new territory. Please check our website and your ticket confirmation email for the latest updates.
A Note About Vaccine Cards:
We recognize that some fully support the newly government-mandated BC Vaccination cards, and some may be upset by them. Please remember that we are a small organization run by a small staff and team of volunteers, and that we are doing what we are able to survive the pandemic.
As a non-profit and registered charity, we are obligated to follow government orders while doing our best to create a healthy and safe venue for our artists, technicians, volunteers and patrons. We encourage everyone to consider for themselves what steps they need to take to keep themselves, their family and friends, and their community healthy.
If you have comments or concerns over the BC Vaccine Card, we invite you to direct those comments and concerns to the following:
- BC Premier John Horgan – Office
- Phone - Office: 1-250-387-1715
- Phone – Constituency: 1-250-391-2801
- Mail - Office: P.O. Box 9041 Stn Prov Govt Victoria, BC V8W 9E1
- Mail – Constituency: Langford – Juan de Fuca Community Office, #122 – 2806 Jacklin Road, Victoria, BC V9B 5A4
- Email - Office: email@example.com
- Email – Constituency: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BC Minister of Health, Adrian Dix
- To contact your local MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly), please visit this site: https://www.leg.bc.ca/learn-about-us/members
If you are unable to attend our productions in-person for whatever reason, we encourage you to support Gallery 7 Theatre by attending virtually. We’ve secured live-streaming rights to several of our productions in the upcoming season in order to make these productions as accessible as possible. You will be watching the performance at the same time as our in-person audience. Please visit our website at www.gallery7theatre.com to see which productions currently have a live-stream option.
Please note that granting/securing live-stream licenses is a complicated process, and some publishers are unable to provide live-stream licenses for certain productions for any number of reasons. If you have concerns or comments about the productions in our season that do not have a live-stream option, we invite you to contact the following:
- Concord Theatricals
- Phone: 1-800-979-0447
- Email: email@example.com
If you are interested in reading our full Health & Wellness Plan please CLICK HERE
Please note this plan is a working document and will be updated as often as necessary to reflect current health orders and ActSafe/Worksafe BC guidelines.