Health & Wellness at Gallery 7 Theatre
Updated April 26, 2023
Communicable diseases are illnesses caused by an infectious agent or its toxins that occur through direct or indirect transmission from an infected individual. Of utmost concern are those that circulate in the community from time to time because of our interaction with each other and the public. Examples of communicable diseases include COVID-19, norovirus, and influenza.
The health and safety of our patrons, artists, technicians, and volunteers remain our top priority and to that end are practicing these health and wellness protocols:
- Masking is encouraged but not mandatory while attending rehearsals and performances.
- If sick with fever or worsening symptoms, individuals are asked not to attend rehearsals or performances until the fever resolves and the individual is well enough to continue with their daily activity. In such circumstances, patrons are encouraged to contact our box office at 604-504-5940 or at email@example.com for exchange & credit options. Artists, technicians, volunteers and staff should contact their stage manager, department head and/or supervisor as soon as possible.
- In the case of a staff member, artist, technician, or volunteer testing positive for COVID 19, we will follow CDC BC guidelines as outlined here: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/self-isolation
- If sick with fever or worsening symptoms, staff will be encouraged to recuperate and/or work at home until the fever has resolved and they are well enough to continue with their regular duties. In more severe cases, staff will have access to both paid and unpaid sick leave.
- Patrons, staff, artists, technicians, and volunteers are encouraged to practice good hygiene. Sanitation supplies are made available in rehearsal, work and lobby areas.
- Rehearsal and office areas will be cleaned on a regular basis, including high touch surfaces.
- Ventilation systems will be activated during rehearsals and performances.
- Ushers will be asked to wear gloves when handling trash.
- Our Health and Wellness policies are posted to our website, as well as in work, rehearsal, backstage and lobby areas.
- We will inform all new personnel of these Health and Wellness protocols, and keep artists, technicians, volunteers and patrons apprised of any changes to these protocols.
- These protocols will be reviewed from time to time and could be revised and/or updated at any time in accordance with WorkSafe BC, ActSafe BC and provincial orders and guidance.
For more information, please contact us at 604-504-5940 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay well, stay healthy!