Health & Wellness at Gallery 7 Theatre
UPDATE: As of April 8th, proof of full vaccination is no longer required to attend or participate in our productions. Patrons are encouraged but no longer required to wear masks when attending our shows.
Health & Wellness Plan
Updated May 6, 2022
Communicable diseases are illnesses caused by an infectious agent or its toxins that occur through direct or indirect transmission from an infected individual. Of utmost concern are those that circulate in the community from time to time because of our interaction with each other and the public. Examples of communicable diseases include COVID-19, norovirus, and influenza.
The health and safety of our patrons, artists, technicians, and volunteers remain our top priority and to that end are practicing these health and wellness protocols:
- Masking is encouraged but not mandatory while attending rehearsals and performances.
- If sick, individuals are asked not to attend rehearsals or performances. In such circumstances, patrons are encouraged to contact our box office at 604-504-5940 or at email@example.com for exchange and refund options. Artists, technicians, volunteers and staff should contact their stage manager, department head and/or supervisor as soon as possible.
- In the case of staff, artist, technician, or volunteer illness, we will follow CDC BC isolation guidelines as outlined here: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/self-isolation
- If sick, staff will be encouraged to recuperate and/or work at home until symptoms improve. In more severe cases, staff will have access to both paid and unpaid sick leave.
- Patrons, staff, artists, technicians, and volunteers are encouraged to practice good hygiene. Sanitation supplies are made available in rehearsal, work and lobby areas.
- Rehearsal and office areas will be cleaned on a regular basis, including high touch surfaces.
- Ventilation systems will be activated during rehearsals and performances.
- Ushers will be asked to wear gloves when handling trash.
- Our Health and Wellness policies are posted to our website, as well as in work, rehearsal, backstage and lobby areas.
- We will inform all new personnel of these Health and Wellness protocols, and keep artists, technicians, volunteers and patrons apprised of any changes to these protocols.
- These protocols will be reviewed from time to time and could be revised and/or updated at any time in accordance with WorkSafe BC, ActSafe BC and provincial orders and guidance.
We will continue to follow these additional protocols for the duration of the 2021/2022 theatre season:
- An empty seat will be added on either side of a party’s seat booking to encourage distancing.
- Patrons are encouraged to practice physical distancing, including in venue washrooms.
- Patrons are encouraged to vacate the performance venue as soon as possible following a performance and to visit with cast and crew outdoors.
- Digital Programs and Discussion Guides will be accessible via a QR code and on the Gallery 7 Theatre website.
For more information, please contact us at 604-504-5940 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay well, stay healthy!